OT-More bad behavior
2018-07-27 20:45:09 UTC
WAPO story : http://tinyurl.com/y8lrno39

It is reported Cleveland Orchestra has suspended concertmaster Preucil ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/arts/music/cleveland-orchestra-william-preucil.html
Oscar
2018-07-27 21:40:03 UTC
Also today, CBS President, CEO and Chairman of the Board, Leslie Moonves, has been exposed as a Dominique Strauss-Kahn-style rapist. And to think that the Tiffany network once broadcasted Bernstein’s Young People’s Concerts. I will never watch CBS or home video DVDs of the Young People’s Concerts again.
drh8h
2018-07-28 02:05:34 UTC

What does this have to do with the Young Peoples' Concerts of over 50 years ago?
Oscar
2018-07-28 03:24:13 UTC
Have you read any of the salacious anecdotes about Lenny in his daughter Jamie’s new tell-all?
drh8h
2018-07-28 03:28:49 UTC

If we keep this up, nothing from the past will be read, watched or listened to because of our current sensibilities. At some point, it all becomes history.
Oscar
2018-07-28 04:22:10 UTC
Full disclosure: Both my posts in this thread are mockingly, devastatingly, outrageously facetious. Not to you but to La Résistance. #moiaussi
c***@gmail.com
2018-07-28 04:49:54 UTC

You flatter yourself.
Oscar
2018-07-28 04:56:08 UTC

You should see my CD collection.
drh8h
2018-07-28 13:10:55 UTC

I am actually relieved to hear that. I don't condone criminality or forcing oneself upon another person, but we cannot let moral outrage over what must have been fairly common and I daresay accepted in the past be used as a reason to boycott some of humanity's greatest achievements.
Bozo
2018-07-29 00:11:10 UTC
From another site , bucks for good behavior :

https://adaptistration.com/2016/06/22/2016-orchestra-compensation-reports-music-directors/