Frederic Rzewski on video - Beethoven Op. 106 Fugue
Peter Lemken
2018-08-17 20:13:10 UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfEevNCFXs

Peter Lemken
+43-1

--
Nature abhors crude hacks.
Bozo
2018-08-17 21:02:43 UTC
Vielen dank !!
markhax
2018-08-17 21:22:15 UTC

Two nights ago at Tanglewood I heard Igor Levit play Rzewski's astonishing variations on "The People United." The performance was as astonishing at the piece.
Bozo
2018-08-17 23:21:26 UTC

You may wish to acquire ( I have not ) Levit's cd set of the Rzewski , LvB's " Diabelli", and Bach's " Goldberg".
Oscar
2018-08-18 06:02:25 UTC
Just read Jed Distler’s two-page spread on Rzewski in the August issue of Gramophone. Need to revisit the 7CD box on Nonesuch. Great American.
HT
2018-08-18 08:43:47 UTC
Op vrijdag 17 augustus 2018 22:13:13 UTC+2 schreef Peter Lemken:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfEevNCFXs

Thanjks! As you said, stunning performance. What happened to the Adagio?

2018-08-18 09:23:21 UTC

it was too slow.
Peter Lemken
2018-08-18 13:14:43 UTC
HT <***@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Op vrijdag 17 augustus 2018 22:13:13 UTC+2 schreef Peter Lemken:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfEevNCFXs
>
> Thanjks! As you said, stunning performance. What happened to the Adagio?

Lost in transfer. I had a big collection of piano videos on VHS tapes in the
early 80s, but switched to Video8 for its PCM audio. Only transferred some
of these videos and gave the rest to a friend. I am trying to get hold of
it.

Peter Lemken
+43-1

Nature abhors crude hacks.
HT
2018-08-18 17:48:08 UTC
> Lost in transfer. I had a big collection of piano videos on VHS tapes in the
> early 80s, but switched to Video8 for its PCM audio. Only transferred some
> of these videos and gave the rest to a friend. I am trying to get hold of
> it.

If I remember correctly (the video looks somehow familiar) the Adagio was fascinating. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks!
Henk
h***@btinternet.com
2018-08-19 04:50:23 UTC
Does anyone have a recording of Rzewski playing Mendelssohn’s Songs Without Words they could let me hear?