New Lars Vogt cd of LvB PC's 2,4
2018-08-13 22:50:29 UTC
Lars Vogt plays, and conducts the Royal Northern Sinfonia, in LvB PC’s 2,4, a new Ondine cd ; I heard only 4:

https://www.nporadio4.nl/cds/beethoven-pianoconcerten-nrs-2-4-lars-vogt

While I have preferred 4 presented as the pastoral and transcendent outlier among the LvB PC’s, and my fav LvB PC as well, Vogt makes a case for 4 as in direct and more dramatic line of development between the protagonists of PC 3 and partners of PC 5, 4 anticipating 5 more than seemed to me before hearing Vogt ( not a pianist I have usually followed ) . Some interesting left-hand voicings throughout, very wide dynamic range in the slow mov. IF the Internet is accurate . Although I remain unconvinced , I think pianophiles will want to hear.

If at Netherlands Radio 4 , and in light of some recent threads here, you may also wish to hear the Jerusalem Quartet live in June,2018 at Schwartzenberg , playing Mozart and Janacek quartets, and the Schubert D.956 C major Quintet with bassist Gary Hoffmann . I did not hear , the Schubert not my cup of tea.
Bozo
2018-08-13 22:53:25 UTC

Sorry : https://www.nporadio4.nl/concerten/8152-schubertiade-jerusalem-quartet