Kapell? Well?
Matthew B. Tepper
2006-01-01 01:07:26 UTC
Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were told
about more than a year ago? This should refresh memories:

http://tinyurl.com/ceh8g

Will somebody please slap Gilbert Ditherwick awake and tell him he should
either excrete, or get off the porcelain facility already.

I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. ~ FDR (attrib.)
Bob Lombard
2006-01-01 01:59:28 UTC
"Matthew B. Tepper" <oyþ@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were
> told
> about more than a year ago? This should refresh memories:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ceh8g
>
> Will somebody please slap Gilbert Ditherwick awake and tell him he
> should
> either excrete, or get off the porcelain facility already.
>
> --
I vaguely remember, except not about the necessity for Sony-BMG's
involvement. ?

bl
Matthew B. Tepper
2006-01-01 02:15:48 UTC
"Bob Lombard" <***@vermontel.net> appears to have caused the
following letters to be typed in news:***@corp.supernews.com:

> "Matthew B. Tepper" <oyþ@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were
>> told about more than a year ago? This should refresh memories:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ceh8g
>>
>> Will somebody please slap Gilbert Ditherwick awake and tell him he
>> should either excrete, or get off the porcelain facility already.
>>
> I vaguely remember, except not about the necessity for Sony-BMG's
> involvement. ?

Kapell recorded for RCA, and apparently the tapes were offered to BMG.

I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. ~ FDR (attrib.)
d***@andadv.com
2006-01-01 20:38:01 UTC
Matthew B. Tepper wrote:
> Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were told
> about more than a year ago?

Yes I do. And I am exercising patience. Extreme patience. It's a yogic
thing. I've gotten rather good at it. Oh sure, that SOUNDS like
gnashing teeth you hear, but it's just your imagination. Really. I've
had too much practice at this to let it disturb me. (How long ago was
it that we heard about the "warehouse upon warehouse" of live & radio
performance tapes discovered in Russia, dating from Soviet Union days?)

I just keep telling myself...someday.

Probably about the same time that the entire Joyce Hatto catalog shows
up at Berkshire Record Outlet.

*sigh*

Dirk
Matthew B. Tepper
2006-01-02 00:10:28 UTC
***@andadv.com appears to have caused the following letters to be typed
in news:***@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Matthew B. Tepper wrote:
>> Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were
>> told about more than a year ago?
>
> Yes I do. And I am exercising patience. Extreme patience. It's a yogic
> thing. I've gotten rather good at it. Oh sure, that SOUNDS like gnashing
> teeth you hear, but it's just your imagination. Really. I've had too much
> practice at this to let it disturb me. (How long ago was it that we heard
> about the "warehouse upon warehouse" of live & radio performance tapes
> discovered in Russia, dating from Soviet Union days?)

Tristan Del bollixed that up quite thoroughly, for all time it seems. When
that particular treasure trove came to light, it got free publicity on NBC
that you couldn't have PAID for ... but he failed to do it right, and
utterly squandered any such advantage he might have gotten.

g***@gmail.com
2018-08-10 06:12:32 UTC
On Saturday, December 31, 2005 at 3:07:26 PM UTC-10, Matthew B. Tepper wrote:
> Remember the treasure trove of live Kapell performances that we were told
> about more than a year ago? This should refresh memories:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ceh8g
>
> Will somebody please slap Gilbert Ditherwick awake and tell him he should
> either excrete, or get off the porcelain facility already.
>
> --
> Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!
> My personal home page -- http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/index.html
> My main music page --- http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/berlioz.html
> To write to me, do for my address what Androcles did for the lion
> I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. ~ FDR (attrib.)

Upcoming radio program:

https://www.wfmt.com/programs/collectors-corner-with-henry-fogel/