Haitink's analogue (70s/80s) LPO Beethoven Sym. set
2013-11-20 06:02:58 UTC
UMG Korea this month issued Haitink's first Beethoven Sym. cycle, recorded by Philips with the LPO in the 1970s and/or 1980s. Any recollections? Comparisons to Haitink lter Philips set?
Martin
2013-11-20 08:52:06 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
UMG Korea this month issued Haitink's first Beethoven Sym. cycle, recorded by Philips with the LPO in the 1970s and/or 1980s. Any recollections? Comparisons to Haitink lter Philips set?
And to his later LSO set?

I have the Pastoral from the LPO set on vinyl and absolutely adore it. It ranks with the Harnoncourt/COE Pastoral for me.

Where can one buy the Korean issue?
Randy Lane
2013-11-20 14:22:32 UTC
Post by Martin
Post by Randy Lane
UMG Korea this month issued Haitink's first Beethoven Sym. cycle, recorded by Philips with the LPO in the 1970s and/or 1980s. Any recollections? Comparisons to Haitink lter Philips set?
And to his later LSO set?
I have the Pastoral from the LPO set on vinyl and absolutely adore it. It ranks with the Harnoncourt/COE Pastoral for me.
Where can one buy the Korean issue?
You can get it from Tower Japan

http://tower.jp/item/3311777/Beethoven:-The-9-Symphonies

But now Presto has it too

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Decca/DN0027

Not cheap though. It's $15-20 USD cheaper at Tower, but the shipping from there will negate your savings unless you order a ton of stuff at the same time.
Dil
2013-11-20 17:21:13 UTC
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:52:06 AM UTC-8, Martin wrote: > On Wednesday, 20 November 2013 06:02:58 UTC, Randy Lane wrote: > > > UMG Korea this month issued Haitink's first Beethoven Sym. cycle, recorded by Philips with the LPO in the 1970s and/or 1980s. Any recollections? Comparisons to Haitink lter Philips set? > > > > And to his later LSO set? > > > > I have the Pastoral from the LPO set on vinyl and absolutely adore it. It ranks with the Harnoncourt/COE Pastoral for me. > > > > Where can one buy the Korean issue? You can get it from Tower Japan http://tower.jp/item/3311777/Beethoven:-The-9-Symphonies But now Presto has it too http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Decca/DN0027 Not cheap though. It's $15-20 USD cheaper at Tower, but the shipping from there will negate your savings unless you order a ton of stuff at the same time.
I got mine from HMV Japan.

Dil.
RiRiIII
2013-11-20 08:54:05 UTC
I once got from ebay this complete cycle on vinyl and autographed for 1 dollar!
RiRiIII
2017-07-13 13:19:14 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
UMG Korea this month issued Haitink's first Beethoven Sym. cycle, recorded by Philips with the LPO in the 1970s and/or 1980s. Any recollections? Comparisons to Haitink lter Philips set?
This CD set is currently on 60% sale at tower for 2500 Yen. http://tower.jp/item/3311777

I just requested it from cdjapan as proxy shipping and they now list it as well at:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-24298