Question for M O-T or Philly O fans....
wanwan
2016-12-05 05:34:06 UTC
Did Stokie or Ormandy perform the Prelude to Act III of Tristan & Isolde during the tenure of Louis Rosenblatt the english horn player in the Philadelphia O? If there is was a broadcast, has it ever shown up on disc? I looked through the orchestra discography and there appears to be no commercial studio recording.

-------------
Eric
Mark Obert-Thorn
2016-12-05 14:23:13 UTC
There are none that I'm aware of OTTOMH, but I'd have to comb through hundreds of broadcast listings in the PO logs to verify. There's no easier way I'm aware of to check it, unfortunately, since there's no convenient online source for the PO like the NYP's CARLOS database.

MO-T
Alan
2016-12-05 15:39:14 UTC
Yes, they did, in 1985, with conductor Dennis Russell Davies.
wanwan
2016-12-06 09:21:15 UTC
Post by Alan
Yes, they did, in 1985, with conductor Dennis Russell Davies.
Do you know if it was broadcast?

Eric

Alan
2016-12-05 15:41:32 UTC
Yes, there was a performance in 1985, conducted by Dennis Russel Davies.
Frank Berger
2016-12-05 16:02:30 UTC
The OP asked whether Stokowski or Ormandy performed it.
wanwan
2016-12-06 09:20:56 UTC
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
There are none that I'm aware of OTTOMH, but I'd have to comb through hundreds of broadcast listings in the PO logs to verify. There's no easier way I'm aware of to check it, unfortunately, since there's no convenient online source for the PO like the NYP's CARLOS database.
MO-T
Thanks. I was just curious as members of the orchestra have spoken highly of his work during his tenure with the orchestra.

Eric