Norman Lebrecht's "Slipped Disc" blog - blacklisted
Steve de Mena
2013-05-30 14:51:48 UTC
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?

Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.

http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/

He makes factual errors on many of his posts and I call him out on
them. I guess he doesn't like that. He doesn't even begin to fit the
definition of a "journalist".

Seems even my comments to his Facebook posts get deleted.
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5

Steve
Mark S
2013-05-30 15:07:04 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?
Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.
http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/
He makes factual errors on many of his posts and I call him out on
them. I guess he doesn't like that. He doesn't even begin to fit the
definition of a "journalist".
Seems even my comments to his Facebook posts get deleted.https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
Steve
If the shoe were on the other foot and Lebrecht was the person being
deleted, he'd already have a book out about it, naming you as one of
the worst human beings on the planet.
Bob Lombard
2013-05-30 16:18:04 UTC
Post by Mark S
Post by Steve de Mena
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?
Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.
http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/
He makes factual errors on many of his posts and I call him out on
them. I guess he doesn't like that. He doesn't even begin to fit the
definition of a "journalist".
Seems even my comments to his Facebook posts get deleted.https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
Steve
If the shoe were on the other foot and Lebrecht was the person being
deleted, he'd already have a book out about it, naming you as one of
the worst human beings on the planet.
But Sirs, it's his blog, and his Facebook account.

bl
Steve de Mena
2013-05-30 23:44:23 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Mark S
Post by Steve de Mena
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?
Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.
http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/
He makes factual errors on many of his posts and I call him out on
them. I guess he doesn't like that. He doesn't even begin to fit the
definition of a "journalist".
Seems even my comments to his Facebook posts get
deleted.https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
Steve
If the shoe were on the other foot and Lebrecht was the person being
deleted, he'd already have a book out about it, naming you as one of
the worst human beings on the planet.
But Sirs, it's his blog, and his Facebook account.
bl
Yes, but he has a page specifically outlining what comments can and
can't be made on his blog and I didn't violate any of his policies. He
gives one the illusion that he encourages open discussion.

Steve
Frankly My Dear
2013-06-09 21:52:20 UTC
Post by Mark S
Post by Steve de Mena
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?
Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.
http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/
He makes factual errors on many of his posts and I call him out on
them. I guess he doesn't like that. He doesn't even begin to fit the
definition of a "journalist".
Seems even my comments to his Facebook posts get deleted.https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
Steve
If the shoe were on the other foot and Lebrecht was the person being
deleted, he'd already have a book out about it, naming you as one of
the worst human beings on the planet.
Imagine if he wrote some garbage about the technical inadequacies of Yo Yo Ma and couldn't be bothered to defend his own statements. Why that would be too too much, no? I mean what kind of person would do that?
Still hoping to learn whose cello technique puts Yo Yo's way down the list.
Frankly
Oscar
LOL!!
M forever
2013-05-30 16:37:41 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?
Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.
Same with my comments if I post from home. It seems to have to do with
the IP address of my router as it doesn't matter if I post from my
desktop or iPad. But when I post from a different IP address the posts
show up and in most cases also go through. I asked NL if my home
address was blacklisted and he said no which I have reason to believe
as he lets my posts go through most of the time when I post from
somewhere else. And he knows its the same person because I use my full
name.
Steve de Mena
2013-05-30 23:48:48 UTC
Post by M forever
Post by Steve de Mena
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?
Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.
Same with my comments if I post from home. It seems to have to do with
the IP address of my router as it doesn't matter if I post from my
desktop or iPad. But when I post from a different IP address the posts
show up and in most cases also go through. I asked NL if my home
address was blacklisted and he said no which I have reason to believe
as he lets my posts go through most of the time when I post from
somewhere else. And he knows its the same person because I use my full
name.
He deleted my Facebook post too, and when I tried to post again just
now on his Facebook page I got a popup message that my messages have
been reported as spam. So it's not an IP based issue, he's
intentionally deleting my Facebook posts and blacklisting my home IP.

Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.

Steve
Herman
2013-05-31 00:33:50 UTC
He seems to feel otherwise. Why whine?
Steve de Mena
2013-05-31 01:17:17 UTC
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
He seems to feel otherwise. Why whine?
How do you know how he feels or why he blacklisted me. You find him to
be an accurate and trustworthy source of information?

I'm just unsubscribing to his blog and won't read it any more. If
that's "whining" so be it.

Steve
Herman
2013-05-31 06:58:02 UTC
No I don't think he's anywhere near accuracy. Trying to correct his every mistake seems to me to be a fool's errand.
Nigel Curtis
2013-05-31 09:03:00 UTC
I wonder if he has an assistant on SD blog ? I've seen some of my
posts approved and then they disappear a bit later.
3Bs
2013-06-02 22:19:04 UTC
Post by Nigel Curtis
I wonder if he has an assistant on SD blog ? I've seen some of my
posts approved and then they disappear a bit later.
This is a smart assumption. He probably doesn't have time; he could
have a PR group manage the blog. They delete what they aren't equipped
to judge, or what they would consider inflammatory to his (and their)
commercial interests. No way to tell. But from what I've seen there
are few people with commercial interests who feel comfortable
participating as an equal where discussion is unmediated (or even
facilitating such an environment).
td

TD
Steve de Mena
2013-06-01 08:39:43 UTC
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
How do you know how he feels or why he blacklisted me. You find him to
be an accurate and trustworthy source of information?
No I don't think he's anywhere near accuracy. Trying to correct his every mistake seems to me to be a fool's errand.
Another assumption - that I am trying to correct his every mistake.

Steve'
John Thomas
2013-05-31 18:50:03 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
Maybe his spam filter needs adjusting. Not everything is necessarily
about you.
Post by Steve de Mena
How do you know how he feels or why he blacklisted me. You find him to
be an accurate and trustworthy source of information?
If everyone complaining on this thread considers him not to be an
accurate and trustworthy source of information why do you read him and
post to his blog?
Steve de Mena
2013-06-01 08:41:25 UTC
Post by John Thomas
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
Maybe his spam filter needs adjusting. Not everything is necessarily
about you.
Huh?

His blog AND Facebook, my posts are deleted from both. That's the
deliberate act of a person, not a spam filter or some automated process.

Steve
td
2013-06-01 10:12:24 UTC
FB? Lebrecht isn't on FB anymore, Steve. Not as far as I can tell, at least.

TD
Steve de Mena
2013-06-01 11:49:30 UTC

Steve
td
2013-06-01 12:23:50 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5

I get "Sorry this page is not available".

TD
Steve de Mena
2013-06-04 01:06:14 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
I get "Sorry this page is not available".
TD
Not sure why. He's on Facebook and that his Facebook Home Page URL.

Steve

Now
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
Born

Norman Lebrecht
FollowMessage
TimelineAboutPhotosFriends5 Mutual
More

Do you know Norman?

To see what he shares with friends, send him a friend request.

5 Mutual Friends

Norman Lebrecht shared a link.
6 hours ago

Man arrested for stealing concert grand
www.artsjournal.com
It belonged to his ex-girlfriend, police say. He walked away with it
when the relationship ended. How? It's a mystery. Anyone in Kingston,
Ontario, seen a man walking down the street carrying a gra...
Like · · Share
7 people like this.

Miriam Berkley Tucked it under his jacket?
6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Alan Cassar No, Miriam - he broke in discretely with his JCB!
6 hours ago · Like

Norman Lebrecht shared a link.
7 hours ago

Death of former English opera chief
www.artsjournal.com
Like · · Share
9 people like this.

Norman Lebrecht shared a link.
8 hours ago

Breaking: Istanbul festival cancels opening due to continued unrest
www.artsjournal.com
The website announces: We feel great sorrow for the events that began
at Taksim Gezi Park. The Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts has
decided to cancel the 41st Istanbul Music Festival's open...
1Like · · Share
6 people like this.

Norman Lebrecht shared a link.
8 hours ago

New video: Walkout pianist returns to Rachmaninov concerto
www.artsjournal.com
Last December, Andrei Gavrilov fled through the emergency exit rather
than risk playing the Rachmaninov D-minor concerto before a Moscow
audience. Yesterday, he was back in St Petersburg with the s...
Like · · Share
10 people like this.

Michael Schlechtriem Just unbelivable.......terrible.
8 hours ago · Like

Norman Lebrecht Watch the players faced around 01:45
8 hours ago · Like

Michael Schlechtriem I have seen it.
8 hours ago · Like

Paul Stetsenko There is no video. Can anyone provide a mirror site?
2 hours ago · Like

See More Recent Stories
About

Lives in London, United Kingdom

From London, United Kingdom

Followed by 2,855 people
td
2013-06-01 12:26:40 UTC
http://www.artsjournal.com/news/author/norman-lebrecht/page/5/

This, however, gets me to his arts journalpage. Same hing, I guess.
Matthew B. Tepper
2013-06-02 18:06:16 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by td
FB? Lebrecht isn't on FB anymore, Steve. Not as far as I can tell, at least.
TD
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
What this suggests to me is that Lebrecht has blocked Deacon on Facebook, for
reasons of his own. Similarly, I have blocked Deacon, which has the bonus
effect that his posts and comments there are hidden from me too.
--
Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!!
Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/proty.html
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers.
weary flake
2013-06-02 21:53:02 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by td
FB? Lebrecht isn't on FB anymore, Steve. Not as far as I can tell, at least.
TD
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
What this suggests to me is that Lebrecht has blocked Deacon on Facebook, for
reasons of his own. Similarly, I have blocked Deacon, which has the bonus
effect that his posts and comments there are hidden from me too.
That Norm accepts M and rejects Tom and Steve suggests to me that
Tom, who seems to like Norm, and Steve failed to deal out the
personal insults that Norm seems to crave, so they were blocked.
td
2013-06-03 11:48:24 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by td
FB? Lebrecht isn't on FB anymore, Steve. Not as far as I can tell, at least.
TD
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
What this suggests to me is that Lebrecht has blocked Deacon on Facebook, for
reasons of his own.  Similarly, I have blocked Deacon, which has the bonus
effect that his posts and comments there are hidden from me too.
That Norm accepts M and rejects Tom and Steve suggests to me that
Tom, who seems to like Norm, and Steve failed to deal out the
personal insults that Norm seems to crave, so they were blocked.
Except that he just accepted me on Linkedin.

Go figure.

TD
Steve de Mena
2013-06-04 01:07:22 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by td
FB? Lebrecht isn't on FB anymore, Steve. Not as far as I can tell, at least.
TD
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
What this suggests to me is that Lebrecht has blocked Deacon on Facebook, for
reasons of his own. Similarly, I have blocked Deacon, which has the bonus
effect that his posts and comments there are hidden from me too.
That Norm accepts M and rejects Tom and Steve suggests to me that
Tom, who seems to like Norm, and Steve failed to deal out the
personal insults that Norm seems to crave, so they were blocked.
I wasn't blocked from his Facebook page, the URL I posted works fine
for me and I can read all his posts there if I so desire.

Steve
Matthew B. Tepper
2013-06-05 04:05:53 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by weary flake
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by td
FB? Lebrecht isn't on FB anymore, Steve. Not as far as I can tell, at least.
TD
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
What this suggests to me is that Lebrecht has blocked Deacon on
Facebook, for reasons of his own. Similarly, I have blocked Deacon,
which has the bonus effect that his posts and comments there are
hidden from me too.
That Norm accepts M and rejects Tom and Steve suggests to me that
Tom, who seems to like Norm, and Steve failed to deal out the
personal insults that Norm seems to crave, so they were blocked.
I wasn't blocked from his Facebook page, the URL I posted works fine
for me and I can read all his posts there if I so desire.
So he hasn't blocked you. But I get the impression that he has blocked
Deacon.
td
2013-06-03 18:43:37 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by td
FB? Lebrecht isn't on FB anymore, Steve. Not as far as I can tell, at least.
TD
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
What this suggests to me is that Lebrecht has blocked Deacon on Facebook, for
reasons of his own.  Similarly, I have blocked Deacon,
What this means is that Tepper is as much a liar, cheat, and fraud as
Norman Lebrecht.

Birds of a feather flock together.

TD
John Wiser
2013-06-03 19:57:54 UTC
Post by td
What this means is that Tepper is as much a liar, cheat, and fraud as
Norman Lebrecht.
Big difference: Lebrecht gets paid for it. Tepper gives it away.

jdw
Herman
2013-06-03 20:29:09 UTC
plus there are no takers
Bob Lombard
2013-06-03 20:47:10 UTC
Post by Herman
Post by John Wiser
Big difference: Lebrecht gets paid for it. Tepper gives it away.
plus there are no takers
Hah. If there are no takers, is the offer still generous? Surely.

bl
John Wiser
2013-06-03 21:47:36 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Herman
Post by John Wiser
Big difference: Lebrecht gets paid for it. Tepper gives it away.
plus there are no takers
Hah. If there are no takers, is the offer still generous? Surely.
Subtle!
If the tree falling in the forest
is in Tepper's killfle....

jdw
Matthew B. Tepper
2013-06-02 18:06:13 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by John Thomas
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
Maybe his spam filter needs adjusting. Not everything is necessarily
about you.
Huh?
His blog AND Facebook, my posts are deleted from both. That's the
deliberate act of a person, not a spam filter or some automated process.
By contrast, YOU call me when I get too her up or when I make unwarranted
claims or assumptions, and I actually welcome it -- from a friend. This
suggests that Norman Lebrecht is even less gracious than I am.

But then, ALL of Lebrecht's blog posts or articles essentially boil down to
three words: "Buy my books!"
wagnerfan
2013-06-02 18:33:30 UTC
On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 13:06:13 -0500, "Matthew B. Tepper"
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by John Thomas
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
Maybe his spam filter needs adjusting. Not everything is necessarily
about you.
Huh?
His blog AND Facebook, my posts are deleted from both. That's the
deliberate act of a person, not a spam filter or some automated process.
By contrast, YOU call me when I get too her up or when I make unwarranted
claims or assumptions, and I actually welcome it -- from a friend. This
suggests that Norman Lebrecht is even less gracious than I am.
But then, ALL of Lebrecht's blog posts or articles essentially boil down to
three words: "Buy my books!"
I'm really surprised at all this astonishment that Lebrecht would
actually delete posts he didn't like from his blog. Considering his
sad history as a liar ,defamer, inept researcher and manipulator of
the truth--- I would have expected it Wagner fan
weary flake
2013-06-01 18:25:08 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
He seems to feel otherwise. Why whine?
How do you know how he feels or why he blacklisted me. You find him to
be an accurate and trustworthy source of information?
I'm just unsubscribing to his blog and won't read it any more. If
that's "whining" so be it.
If you still have them, you're welcome to post the rejected
comments here in RMCR.
Matthew B. Tepper
2013-06-02 18:06:14 UTC
weary flake <***@hotmail.com> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in news:wearyflake-0A19EF.11250701062013
Post by weary flake
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
He seems to feel otherwise. Why whine?
How do you know how he feels or why he blacklisted me. You find him to
be an accurate and trustworthy source of information?
I'm just unsubscribing to his blog and won't read it any more. If
that's "whining" so be it.
If you still have them, you're welcome to post the rejected
comments here in RMCR.
I too would like to see them.
Steve de Mena
2013-06-04 01:09:06 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
He seems to feel otherwise. Why whine?
How do you know how he feels or why he blacklisted me. You find him to
be an accurate and trustworthy source of information?
I'm just unsubscribing to his blog and won't read it any more. If
that's "whining" so be it.
If you still have them, you're welcome to post the rejected
comments here in RMCR.
I wish I did, but I don't. :(

Steve
Oscar
2013-05-31 06:19:20 UTC
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
He seems to feel otherwise. Why whine?
I'm still trying to figure out 'why' you posted this completely
invalid comment, herman.
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
She dressed what a fashionable woman might wear to a cocktail party.
It's certainly less extravagant than what pop music performers wear.
Really? A woman might wear that to a cocktail party, but she would be
very uncomfortable. She would have to stand on those heels all the
time, because it is not possible to sit decently in a dress this
short. Chances would be women would avoid her, and men would leer, and
wonder whether what she was trying to say, dressing like a hooker.
Oh neverwhine...
Matthew B. Tepper
2013-06-02 18:06:14 UTC
Oscar <***@gmail.com> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in news:eb6e84bb-233c-4dde-bc22-80cbbe414d80
Post by Oscar
Post by Herman
Post by Steve de Mena
Every comment I made has been perfectly valid I feel.
He seems to feel otherwise. Why whine?
I'm still trying to figure out 'why' you posted this completely
invalid comment, herman.
Because it is his nature?
M forever
2013-06-01 00:36:24 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Post by M forever
Post by Steve de Mena
[...]
That's odd, given that most of my comments appear but you are
generally a much less offensive contributor than I am...
Steve
Matthew B. Tepper
2013-06-02 18:06:17 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
Has anyone here been blacklisted from posting comments there?
Have noticed for about a week now that none of my comments show up.
They don't even show up in the approval queue. It's just like I never
made the comment.
http://www.artsjournal.com/slippeddisc/
He makes factual errors on many of his posts and I call him out on
them. I guess he doesn't like that. He doesn't even begin to fit the
definition of a "journalist".
Seems even my comments to his Facebook posts get deleted.
https://www.facebook.com/norman.lebrecht.5
You know, I commented on his April 26 article stating that EMI and Virgin
Classics were "about to be wiped from the record," citing his previous
claim that Decca was about to be "wiped from the map" (it got wiped back on
later). I didn't follow upat the time to see whether he allowed that one
to be posted, and I now see that it isn't there. So I'm in good company.
k***@gmail.com
When I pointed out that he had misspelled both of Dmitri Mitropoulos's names and then added "journalism 101, my comments were banned. About seven months later, I was either given a reprieve or else he failed to notice when I was making comments from a different Email address, albeit under the same name ("Daniel F."). Then, after several months, he again stopped accepting my comments after I joked about something that had happened at the Met Opera, I forget what now. I said it was one thing NL couldn't blame on Peter Gelb or James Levine. And lately he has terminated my sub. He's just a very small man with a very thin skin. On the other hand, he has allowed a lot pretty vile pro-Trump commentary, no doubt to show how passionate he is about free speech.
AB
2017-06-21 17:23:31 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Post by Steve de Mena
[...]
anybody who allows pro-Trump speech is 'pretty vile' himself:-)

AB
sdz
I've been blacklisted several times. Now, I can access the website, but see no comments. If I try to link from Facebook, the links don't work. He hates to be criticized. Isn't that ironic? He has low standards. No surprise.
randy wolfgang